Recent articles by Dominique Moulon (Fall 2013)
Enjoy the presentations and comments of Dominqiue Moulon, journalist and curator, about recent events:
La Panacée. (written for artpress). Opened June 2013.
Montpellier's city has recently opened the art center La Panacée. Works presented at the opening expo :
- Listening Post (2003) by Mark Hansen and Ben Rubin,
- Hole in Space by Kit Galloway and Sherrie Rabinowitz (documentation about)
- Delayed by Matthias Gommel,
Biennale de Lyon (to be published soon in MCD) From Sept. 12, 2013 to Jan. 5, 2014
Commented works :
- Five videos by Petra Cortright.
- Maybe New Friends (2013) by Ed Fornieles
- The Re'Search (2009-2010) by Lizzie Fitch
- Il était une fois... (2013), by Antoine Catala.
- L'arbre et son ombre (2013) by Samuel Rousseau
- Outstanding Nominals (2012), by Sylvain Couzinet-Jacques
- Vice-City (12/10/07-22h40) (2012) by Thibault Brunet.
Ars Electronica (Written for MCD, also on the blog of Chicago's expo The Seen). The meeting is this year entiled Total Recall.
- Falling Records (2012), by Ei Wada,
- The Sound of the Earth (2013), by Yuri Suzuki.
- Cosmopolitan Chicken Project (1999-2013) by Koen Vanmechelen,
- The Blind Robot (2012), by Louis-Philippe Demers,
- Pendulum Choir (2011) by Cod Act. (documented by video)
- Rain Room (2012), by Random International,
- Angles Mirror (2013), by Daniel Rozin (Bitforms Gallery)
- Odile and Odette (2005) by Yinka Shonibare MBE.
Show Off (on the Digitalarti website).
- Oeuf (2013), by Samuel St-Aubin, installation cinétique,
- Miniatures (2013) by Cécile Babiole, audiovisual kits,
- Tact (2000), by Jean Dubois, interactive video installation,
- Au delà de 1m/s (2012), by Albertine Meunier,
- Lixiviat (2013), by Robin Dupuis,
- Agit Pov Libre (2013), by Alexandre Castonguay, kine(ic installation.
- The root (2012), by Misha Margolis,
- artMRK (2013), by Joanie Lemercier,
- Univers-Iles (2009), by Hugo Verlinde,
- Political Shift, by Maurice Benayoun,
- Video Mount, (2013), by Pia Myrvold,
- Breeze (2009), by Djeff, interactive installation,
- Eurasia (2009-2013) and Line Wave (2012-2013) by Patrick Dombis,
- Butterflies, Species at Risk at the Edge of Reason (2011-2013) by Robyn Moody, robotic installation,
- Mobinauts Portraits (2013), by Magali Desbazeille,
- Portrait au noir (2013) by Catherine Ikam and Louis (implementatio by Thomas Mulle), Albert Benhamou gallery,
- Body Voxels and The Thinker (2013), by Miguel Chevalier.
Paris ACM Siggraph, the French chapter of ACM Siggraph, worldwide non-profit organization of computer graphics.
Les Algoristes, an association of artists using their own algorithms in their work.