Last update on December 1, 2013.
I feel the Bit beating in my heart
No meaning but power.
I see the Cloud whirling high overhead
Calling us for an answer.
I share the Life, this growing spread.
The World we build together.
- A French Version is still on line, but not updated nor developped since june 1st 2012.
. Our dictionary diccan.com is primarily aimed to the community of digital art, from artists to fans and from corporations to associations. Its insistence on external references makes it a choice tool for research and in depth studies... without forgetting enjoyment. It's written mostly by Pierre Berger, retired computer journalist, author of Roxame software and presently art critic.<
. It presents as well the artists (more than 1500 by 2013) and their works as the concepts, the history and the geography of digital art. See a summary of the core data and concepts.
Paris ACM Siggraph, the French chapter of ACM Siggraph, worldwide non-profit organization of computer graphics.
. It is permanently updated and enriched, with the risk of some "work in progress" here and there. Your remarks will always be welcome. Just Contact us.Archives and resources
In order to preserve some historical resources, you will also find here :
- The Dictionnaire des sciences et techniques de l'information, with strong reference to the history of computer science and industry in France since its beginning to 2005.
- The 250 issues of Asti-Hebdo and Stic-Hebdo, from 2000 to 2005.
- The website of Club de l'Hypermonde, as it was by
- and, giving a personal touch to this site the main texts written by Pierre Berger (many of them unpublished).
Les Algoristes, an association of artists using their own algorithms in their work.